Saturday, January 15, 2011

Realizations in the winter

Link that inspired this post.

I don't think I've worked out this hard in a January... ever. A couple of times now, I've been left rolling around on the floor gasping for air. I'm in heaven.

This Academy and this Soulforge were exactly what I needed to kickstart my engines and power me to a new level of capability. I love training at Academy 5 Points with professional, semi-professional and amateur martial artists and coaches. We all take the classes together. I feel a tremendous drive and urge to match them workout for workout. I fall short every time. But I'm getting closer. This proximity to elite fitness starves my soul, nourishes the hunger for performance.

But you know what? I won't miss it when my membership runs out in about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm going to use the fire and passion I've acquired here and bring it right into my triathlon season. Offseasons have a purpose. I can't believe that after 4 or 5 years of competition, I've finally realized it.

Off to do the first workout for Saturday. Barefoot running and then ring and bell work.

No comments:

Post a Comment