Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1/4/10 AM

5x5 one-handed pushups on the knuckles, each side
20/10 tabata knuckle pushups 8 rounds

Tabata workouts are HIIT workouts High Intensity Interval Training. Do as many reps as you can in 20 seconds. 10 second rest. That's one round. 30 seconds.

Conventional wisdom advises against doing the same body part 2 days in a row. Screw conventional wisdom. My original plan was to do some hill sprints this morning but I woke too late to do so and this workout was a last minute mashup.

I'm signing up for a month of basic membership at Five Points Academy in Chinatown tonight so I didn't want to work the muscles so badly I couldn't do the kettlebell class which is without a doubt amazing. I'm also really intrigued by the ropes and soon-to-be sandbag class. I guess I'm just a big lover of martial arts training in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment