Thursday, January 13, 2011

Late update (And today's update)

Last night: Kettlebell class again. It's been less and less monstrous each time. My muscles are memorizing the movements and I've adapted already. I guess this just reinforces the importance of base-building and how this cannot, must not be skipped over for any reason. I spent maybe 6 or 7 years now building a base of fitness that's included strength, speed and endurance. I'm not the best at anything but I can switch to anything really quickly.

Well, let me rephrase that. I have a relatively well developed base. As far as the average person goes, I'm fitter than they'll ever dream of being. As for where I want to be, I'm so pitifully far away. I can only hazily imagine having what it takes to qualify for an Ironman slot on merit. It's the kind of imagining you have to do to imagine breaking a law of thermodynamics. Sure, it could happen but it'd have to destroy your concept of reality to learn it.

Oh yeah, and I did 3 sets of 10 ring pushups and 5 chin-ups after the class. Ring pushups are tremendous movements. I love them to bits. They tax the core and arms far, FAR more than your average pushup.

Today, I, and 2 co-workers moved 2 tons of files by hand. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment