Monday, January 31, 2011

Post for yesterday

Day of the funeral.
Spent the morning trying to write something to memorialize my grandfather.
Frustration built up so I went for a swim.

During the swim I kept telling myself "Swimming is about surrender, not force, not power." I wished I'd gone to kettlebells instead and swung the hell out of the 79 lb. I wish I had a spar, or a session on the heavybags. But I was in the water, and though I was plowing through water (not a good term to use for swimming), I was drowning in emotion.

45 minute swim workout. 1/30/11

Oh yeah, let's also get in our monthly challenges in as well. I think I'll do that today.

1 comment:

  1. So wait, the monthly challenges are on??? I sorta thought since nothing had been mentioned about them or the weekly challenges, we weren't doing one for January... I categorically can't do another workout today, so I guess I lose there. Oh well, I think I still have you all smacked in terms of overall # of workouts, so there!

    ReplyDelete