Monday, March 7, 2011

Sunday Recap

First of all...

HOLY SMOKES!

9am: Coogan's Salsa and Blues 5k
12pm: Kettlebells
1pm: TRX Suspension Training
2pm: Ultimate Sandbags

Craziest part? I held back *A LOT* on the 5k and it was a very hilly course. Yet, I still managed to beat my previous best pace by 6 seconds per mile. I picked out a random woman in the beginning to be my target for the race and kept it slow trying to keep her within arms reach. 1 mile, 2 miles... I was getting frustrated. Was she really this slow? Keep it cool, Stan. Wait for your chance to go. So I just kept her pace. Sucks for me that I didn't preview the course map. Before I knew it, we only had 3 blocks to go and at that point, I fist pumped and turned on the after-burners. Didn't feel tired, tight or sore at all after the race as I was thinking more about the marathon day ahead of me.

2011 has never looked more promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment