Thursday, March 3, 2011

FINALLY I CAN POST

Don't know what was up with my internet settings at home this week as it kept on giving me error messages whenever I tried opening up a new blog post.

My workouts this week:

Monday: Kettlebells with Coach Fury. Upgraded to the maximum bell in the gym, the BEAST. 106.5 lbs. of mean, nasty badassery. Swings for time, deadlifts for time, etc. Unbelievable. I left the gym skipping on clouds.

Tuesday AM: 20 minute walk because I hate sleeping in.
Tuesday PM: Double-class! Kettlebells with Steve. Since I did kettlebells the day before, I dropped to the 88 lb. weight. Lots of overhead and single-handed work. Even some double-kettlebell swings. Got a chance to work alongside Coach Bill and it was inspirational. I love the fact that I have the opportunity to train alongside amateur fighters and coaches. Afterwards, I took Emily's conditioning class. Ridiculous core work alongside jump rope. Arms were giving out on me trying to jump rope.

Wednesday: Rest day. No workouts.

Thursday AM: 20 minute walk. Assault lethargy from the first moment you wake up.
Thursday PM: Double class again! Kettlebells with Emily doing long (2 minute) intervals. Trying my best to maintain form throughout the class was an incredible challenge. But the real treat was yet to come. First time taking a class with Sergio. My college friend Dave had been telling me about Sergio's classes ever since I started at Five Points. I've been anxious to take his class and man, oh man, I was not disappointed. Start off with sandbags, kettlebells and agility jumps. 5 straight minutes of sandbags, kettlebells and agility jumps. Move onto 5 minutes of burpees. Go to 5 minutes of battle ropes. Congratulations, you're 1/3 of the way through the class. 15 minutes of jump rope. Finish off with 100 consecutive situps. If you stop, the whole class resets their situp count. When you're done, 100 pushups. 100 jumping jacks. Hit the shower, rookie and be less pathetic less time.

I will do February's test after my membership at 5 points is over this coming Tuesday. Until then, I want to soak up every last class I can.

Train hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment