Sunday, March 27, 2011

3/27/11

Last week, I went to an acupuncturist who told me "Yeah, this IT band is going to need a lot of work." My girlfriend who's studying acupuncture was horrified the first time she tried to massage it because instincts told her that a tendon should never feel like that.

So here's my new routine that I'm going to put in as a workout.

Start with a blisteirngly hot shower. Next, forget foam rollers. Not sturdy enough. I use a softball. Roll on each side for 5-10 minutes each. Try not to cry like a little girl. Next, 3 stretches. Standing cross-legged forward fold, cross-legged fetus pose and then pigeon pose.

Let's see how this goes.

PM EDITS:
6 3minute rounds, 30 seconds plank between each round.

Rounds 1 - 3: Deadlift @135 lbs. Continuous lifting.
Rounds 4 - 5: K-bell swing @ 45 lbs.
Round 6: K-bell clean and presses @ 45 lbs. alternating sides.

Fast 20 minute workout. Tons of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment