Saturday, February 12, 2011

Yesterday I lived

Yesterday I had one of the most peaceful and enjoyable sleeps I've had in a long long while. Now I was never one to really enjoy sleep that much, heck I even find it irritating when I ask someone what are their hobbies or what do they like to do and their response is sleep. But last night I had a really enjoyable nights rest because yesterday I lived.

I awoke in the morning at my cousins apartment in new jersey. We then set off for a 'half a day' of snowboarding(9am-3pm). I was ready to tear up the mountain! I got my new board, my new gear, I felt pro! After coming down the mountain a couple of times on the green slopes and after numerous falls and smashed knees and head in helmets against the icy slopes I finally sustained an injury in which I smashed the back of my head at full speed against the ice (thank God for the invention of helmets) in which I made my way down the mountain, unbuckled my snowboard, and with wobbling legs made my way and toppled down sitting at a table bench. I was tko'ed; I was done for the day.

We left shortly after and we rushed back to new york for I had to create a dish for my friday fellowship's cooking competition I was looking forward 2 all week. We ate the rush hour traffic in the city. And didn't even stop at home and went straight to h-mart to pick up meat and seaweedie weed. Arrived home looked at the clock 6:30pm only 30 minutes to cook up a delicious dish that would win the competition. With some help from a friend we finished and left at 7:10. We went to friday fellowship. I lost the cooking competition and after waiting a while for people to finish talking drove my friend back home.

I believe I had such an good night's rest was because at least for the day I had accomplished my goals, I had succeeded. But how did you succeed Phil? Is that what you call success? You tried snowboarding and failed miserably, not getting any better and falling on your ass and knees constantly. You hurried back to new york to create a dish only to lose the cooking competition, not only that you scored last in every category in the cooking competition. How is that success?

I wanted to go snowboarding and I wanted to compete in the cooking competition. I gave it my all, I tried the best with what I had, I went 'balls to the wall'. And after a warm shower as I laid my head still banging in pain on my pillow, I closed my eyes and was at peace, for enjoying the pleasure of living.

Yesterday I lived. What am I going to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment