Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Catching Up Again

Sorry Hannah, Internet problems with Blogger have kept me from posting. Here's a recap of the past 10 days.

7/11: Swimming for 45 minutes at Coles.
7/12: 3.5 mile run. Runs have been feeling awful lately. Clocking in 1 - 2 minutes per mile slower than my normal time.
7/13: 5.25 mile run. Same problems.
7/14: 3.25 mile run.
7/16: Since the MTA screwed up my race day morning, I went home, did 100 pull-ups and ran 5 miles afterwards. Run was somewhat better than the past few, though I was doing it at 45 seconds than my pre-Africa runs.
7/19 AM: 3 miler.
7/19 PM: 45 minutes of swimming.
7/20: 8 miler. Awful. Absolutely awful. Ran out of gas halfway through (although I was clocking in pre-Africa times) and had to walk the rest of the way home in 90+ degree heat. Totally spent.

In case you're wondering, the run pattern is Hal Higdon's Intermediate 1 marathon plan and I'm aiming at the NYC Marathon this year.

ALSO! Fox News wants to do a story on me on Saturday. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment