Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nose, meet grindstone...

Grindstone, nose. I've registered for the Spartan Beast at Killington on August 6. Unsure how it will compare to the Tough Mudder, except that it's on a taller mountain... And for any obstacle you miss/fail, you have to do 30 burpees at the end. Fortunately for me, I can do 30 burpees in 1 minute at bootcamp, but after 4 hours up and down a mountain, that might not be so realistic. So training motivation is back!

Today -
AM: Pilates.

PM: My friend from high school has started an unofficial running club. Saturdays they do group long runs, and Tuesday nights are speed workouts. I'll be going tonight, and hoping not to die between the heat and the "oh, I don't really know how to run fast..." If anyone would care to join, I can get you more details. It's free and starts at 7:30 at CP South and 6th Ave.

ETA: Oh holy hell. We ran repeats of Cat Hill. 7:30 pace up, jog down. I did 4, and then had to go, they did 6. I totally could have survived 2 more, but being as I STILL have to go back to lab, I'm ok with the sacrifice. Of course, with the warmup, cooldown, and the fact that I ran 2.5 miles TO the warmup... I ran 8 miles today. ON A WEEKDAY!? Egads!

No comments:

Post a Comment